To assist your clients affected by the September and October 2019 bushfires, we would like to extend our support to those experiencing difficulty during this challenging time. BT is offering a Bushfire Assistance Package which provides a premium waiver period of 3 months for eligible Protection Plans policies. Eligible policy holders can apply for this assistance from 1 November 2019 until 31 March 2020.
To be eligible for the 3 month premium waiver, clients must be:
- residing in a bushfire declared disaster zone in Northern NSW or Southern Queensland
- holding a retail Protection Plans policy (including within super) with a risk commencement date prior to 25 August 2019
- in receipt of, or be approved for, any one of three Government bushfire disaster assistance payments listed below:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance
- Northern NSW – Natural Disaster Assistance Arrangements
- Southern Queensland – Personal Hardship Assistance Schemes and Essential Services Safety and Reconnection Scheme
Policyholders who do not meet the above criteria may be approved for a premium waiver as an exception, based on their individual circumstances and at the discretion of the business.
For details of the declared Bushfire disaster areas, click here.
We encourage you to review your client’s eligibility for the Federal and State Government relief packages via the links below.
Links to Federal and State Government bushfire relief grants:
This information is of a general nature only and has been provided without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should consider whether the information is appropriate in light of your particular objectives, financial situation and needs.